The Art of Contemplative Practice: A Formation Program for Everyone (UD code DS9201W) is offered for those seeking to explore contemplation as a basis for living and ministry.
This program has the attraction of the following features:
- A flexible program allowing participants to adapt it to their own circumstances.
- Participants may benefit from completing this unit on its own or using it to lead into other formation programs. (NB: Completion of this course is strongly recommended prior to enrolment in the Art of Spiritual Direction.)
- There is a good balance between teaching, practicuums and peer groups.
- Both teachers and students come from diverse faith traditions and this adds to the depth and richness of the program.
- WellSpring Centre provides an attractive venue and excellent resources for training.
- The course is recognised by the University of Divinity – and the units may earn credit towards the Graduate Diploma of Spiritual Direction or Spirituality and the Master of Arts (Spiritual Direction/Spirituality). FEE-Help may be available for course fees, for those who enrol through the University of Divinity. (NB: The cost of the residential gathering is additional.)
For more information, please contact Rosanne Arnott.
Course Director: Rev. Dr Peter Bentley
Course Coordinator: Rosanne Arnott
- The team is made up of an ecumenical group of teachers and supervisors who are experienced spiritual directors. Together they bring a creative and balanced approach to this ministry.
- Numbers are limited to allow maximum participation.
NB: The Art of Contemplative Practice is strongly recommended before enrolling in The Art of Spiritual Direction Unit 1, and can also be taken on its own without progressing on to the Art of Spiritual Direction.
This unit has finished for 2018. Stay tuned for details about the 2019 unit.