Wednesday 19 August 2020
With COVID restrictions likely to be with us for sometime yet, we have decided to keep the WellSpring building closed until the end of this year, with plans to reopen in 2021 with a brand new program to celebrate being together in person again. In the meantime, we continue to meet via Zoom nurturing the relationships which are so important, and gaining new friends along the way. Watch out for a new online program as we move from ‘Wintering at WellSpring’ to ‘Welcoming Spring’ in September. Contact Ann Lock for further information.
Tuesday 7 July 2020
With new government lockdown restrictions in place for metropolitan Melbourne, the WellSpring buildings will remain closed until at least the end of August.
Friday 3 July 2020
A gentle reopening of the Resource Room at WellSpring has been postponed until at least August.
In the meantime, many of WellSpring’s usual activities are now happening online via Zoom. Click here for more information about ‘Wintering at WellSpring’, our online winter program or contact Ann Lock.
Monday 18 May 2020
We are watching closely the advice regarding restricted activities from the Victorian government using this website, in particular this page, and information from Worksafe Australia, here. We will let you know as soon as possible when it is possible to meet together in person for WellSpring activities. In the meantime we continue to honour each other through our safe keeping practices of working from home, not meeting in person, and closing the WellSpring facility.
Friday 3 April 2020
With ongoing restrictions in place, the closure of our building will extend until further notice.
BUT WellSpring as a community is alive and staying connected. Download our latest newsletter for more information.
Tuesday 17 March 2020, 3pm
We’re closing, but staying connected!
[Click here to download the following information as a PDF.]
As you are well aware, the development of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is evolving rapidly, and the impact is being felt in all parts of our lives. This Australian and Global health emergency has required WellSpring to respond to the latest health advice.
The Board authorised the Executive Committee (Liz Johnson, Chair; Ben Norman, Treasurer; and Ann Lock, Director) last week to respond as required to the health emergency to ensure the safety of our staff, students, volunteers and community.
On Monday 16 March 2020, the Victorian Government declared a state of emergency in Victoria over COVID-19. On this declaration, the Executive Committee met yesterday and considered a range of issues and the assessment to ensure a social distance of 1.5 metres. A decision was made to take a precautionary approach until 13 April 2020 to reduce the risk of spread of the coronavirus. Our plans will be continuously reviewed and updated as further information about coronavirus emerges. It may be necessary to extend the closure of WellSpring beyond 13 April 2020. Monique has created this page on the WellSpring website to help us stay in touch.
We know these are unsettling times and we will explore some creative ways for the WellSpring community to stay connected as much as possible. As we move through these days and weeks, lets continue to care for each other, our families, friends, communities and the earth.
The following measures will be implemented from Wednesday 18 March 2020:
- WellSpring Centre facilities and offices (10 Y Street Ashburton) will close from Wednesday 18 March 2020.
- WellSpring Centre staff will work from home from Wednesday 18 March 2020; these plans are being discussed with our staff and implementation is underway.
- University of Divinity education offerings: The units WellSpring offers through Whitley College are under the directive of the University of Divinity and we need to comply with their instructions. We will continue to monitor these instructions closely and keep in touch with our students.
- The Art of Spiritual Direction Intensive will continue this week with significant modifications. We will implement measures to ensure social distancing, and reduce the Intensive to one day, Saturday 21 March 2020. Further details will be discussed directly with our students as soon as possible.
- Australian Spirituality will be provided online. Further details will be discussed directly with the students as soon as possible.
- WellSpring Spiritual Directors are asked to cease seeing pilgrims face-to-face from Wednesday 18 March 2020. This requirement covers spiritual direction in any location, not just at WellSpring. To maintain spiritual direction with your pilgrims during this uncertain time, we encourage you to use telephone and/or video conferencing (such as Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, WeChat, FaceTime etc.) and will assist you as much as possible to make the transition. More information will be provided for spiritual directors in a separate email.
- Building Bridges 2020 program commencement with our partner schools will be postponed. We are currently exploring contingency plans.
- All other WellSpring Centre events and activities will be suspended from Wednesday 18 March 2020. We will contact those who have booked and paid for events during this period to offer a refund or credit for a later event.
- You are very welcome to contact Ann Lock via email or mobile 0410 556 436 if you have any questions or will experience financial hardship because of the measures above.
Monday 16 March 2020, 2.45pm
This page will be kept up-to-date with information about WellSpring’s response to the Coronavirus.
Please check back regularly for more information.
At this stage, existing bookings for external hire of our facilities will be kept in place. However, no new facility hire bookings will be taken for dates before 1 September 2020.