for spiritual directors/supervisors
meeting with pilgrims/supervisees
(current as at 23 February 2021)
- Talk with your pilgrim/supervisee to discern the setting for spiritual direction in which you are both most comfortable.
- Only meet in person, including outdoors, if you are both feeling well.
- Meeting outdoors is the recommended setting.
- Wearing a mask is highly recommended if you are meeting indoors in a home, and mandatory if meeting indoors in a public building.
- Wear a mask indoors or outdoors if social distancing of 1.5 metres is not possible.
- Wash your hands regularly, and cough/sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue.
- Use a non-contact greeting such as a gentle bow or prayer posture which honours our connection. Physical contact should be avoided.
- Keep a record of the name, time and location of those you meet in person.
- You may meet indoors, including in homes, if you are complying with the Victorian COVID-19 restrictions of no more than 5 visitors to your home per day.
- Ensure hygiene measures of using hand sanitiser, and cleaning surfaces such as door handles, arms of chairs, bathrooms, or cups which have been touched by a visitor. If you are the visitor, please refrain from touching unnecessary surfaces.
- Avoid handling cash wherever possible.
Contact Ann Lock if you have any questions, or would like to talk about these guidelines.
The Victorian Government Corona website provides some excellent resources for COVID Safe Summer, including a document for caring for yourself and guests in your home which can be viewed by clicking here.