Spiritual Direction is one person inviting another person to accompany them on their faith journey.
This involves a conversation where:
- the ‘guide’ listens carefully to the ‘pilgrim’ reflecting on his/her daily life experiences
- both pilgrim and guide seek to pay attention to the presence of God in the pilgrim’s life
- both are seeking to nurture the life of God in the pilgrim and to encourage the expression of this in ordinary and practical living
Spiritual direction is really not about being ‘directed’, rather it is about being encouraged to draw closer to God. It is not therapy, counselling, teaching, mentoring or coaching, though there may at times be elements of these.
Spiritual Direction provides a safe and welcoming place to take seriously our growing relationship with God – to be encouraged in this and to become more intentional in it.
Spiritual Direction may help you:
- identify and trust your own experiences of God
- integrate spirituality into your daily life
- discern and make difficult choices
- slow down and ‘smell the roses’
- share your hopes, struggles, and losses
- live the essence of your faith with integrity
Download a flier
You can also download a flier about personal spiritual direction at WellSpring by clicking on one of the following links: