2024 Spiritual Formation: Shaping the Teachers and Leaders of Tomorrow
Overview and duration
This unit examines principles and approaches to learning that contribute to spiritual formation. The concepts of spirituality and spiritual formation are explored to set the context for how learning about particular aspects of ministry may be facilitated according to formational principles.
The themes covered in the course include an examination of the core elements of formational learning, how these elements are applied within a range of learning contexts and the implications for practitioners in various fields of study.
Duration: one semester
Course requirements / recommendations
Semester 1, 2024
Hybrid - 8x weekly sessions - In person or Online - 9:30am-2:00pm Tuesdays, 16 Apr-4 Jun 2024
- 16, 23, 30 Apr 2024
- 7, 14, 21, 28 May 2024
- 4 Jun 2024
- Dates are inclusive
- In-person participants attend at WellSpring Centre, Ashburton, Melbourne
Next intake: 2026
Course details, learning outcomes, assessments, structure & recommended reading
Additional course information
At the conclusion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to demonstrate evidence of personal engagement with, and integration of, concepts relating to spiritual formation by:
- Articulating an understanding of spirituality and spiritual formation as they relate to formational learning experiences
- Developing a critical understanding of three sets of agendas for formational learning
- Informing and performing
- Deforming and reforming
- Conforming and transforming
- Outlining and illustrating factors that enhance participants' learning in spiritual formation programs
- Critically assessing the contribution of formators and participants to the formational learning process
- Describing key factors that generate safety without compromising self-awareness and participants’ critical engagement with learning
Cost (per unit)
This course is offered through Whitley College. Government fee help is available to qualifying Australian citizens.
For academic credit, costs are as per the University of Divinity fees schedule.
There is a reduced cost for Audit participants**. Please apply here: Application for Audit WellSpring
Useful links for additional information:
- Fees – University of Divinity and 2024 Tuition Fees - University of Divinity (divinity.edu.au)
- Australian Government Study Assist and FEE-HELP
**NB: If you choose to complete the unit as an Audit participant, no academic credit can be claimed for the unit, either at the time of enrolling, or retrospectively.
Please enrol directly with Whitley College
Registrar, Whitley College
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: (03) 9340 8000
For more information
Please contact us at WellSpring